Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you need to visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its structures and galleries have been listed in world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the actual church have finally been shut for hopes and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the English style of architecture. The actual park was built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the park include a large greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to see and discover soirées à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Romans and a history city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between 2 rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to go to in the 30 days of Sept and Oct.